This position could be based in any location in Central Alberta including but not limited to geographies around Ponoka, Olds, Red Deer, Edmonton and Trochu.
Member Relations is an integral part of UFA’s Co-operative structure and this position is responsible for maintaining and expanding all aspects of the on-going relationship with our members. Member Relations Representatives are brand ambassadors for UFA and are a vital link between members, customers, owners, elected officials, and community partners in the field and UFA’s support office. This position fosters relationships and is instrumental in driving member connection and leveraging and enhancing community investment initiatives.
Member Relations Representatives draw on local knowledge and relationships to execute programs in four key areas within a defined geographic area.
- Engage with members and customers to build and enhance their relationship with the Co-operative
- Support UFA’s Community Investment strategy to maximize our member connection and to leverage our CI partnerships
- Effective two-way communication with delegates, enabling them to understand and endorse the Co-operative business strategy
- Support UFA’s revenue and business objectives through enhancing the member’s sales and service experience across UFA’s network of Farm Stores and Petroleum Agencies
- Responsible for representing members in a defined geographical area, providing governance support and leveraging community investment
- Manage, leverage, and track progress in community investment initiatives
- Organize member meetings and member events
- Liaise between Senior Management, the general membership and elected officials to provide valuable feedback and information to senior leaders
- Responsible for promoting the cooperative and connecting and engaging with members to better serve their business
- Proactively communicate to support the organization’s objectives, such as improving communication between field stakeholders and the Calgary Support Office
- Provide accurate, complete and timely information from the field that may require or benefit from action
- Through education, dialogue and effective two-way communication, enable delegates to support programs and strategies of senior management and the board
- Execute centralized programs, such as UFA’s community investment, media relations and governance
- Create value for UFA business units by delivering programs to improve service and sales in UFA stores and agencies
- Maintain relationships with local media to support proactive media relations and aid crisis communication if required
- Plan, execute and evaluate unique local events and consistent regional or provincial events, including, but not limited to governance activities, e.g. owner appreciation events
- Encourage engagement among member-owners and co-operative education
- Administer, report on and operate within budgets
- Represent UFA at events and functions as required
- Provide back-up, vacation and training coverage for teammates
- Degree in agriculture, communications, public relations, or equivalent experience
- Agriculture background
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills and time management
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to proactively identify opportunities specific to the position
- Results orientated; ability to balance multiple priorities
- Demonstrates professionalism and strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skill
- Demonstrated ability to plan and track a budget accurately
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license (must be willing to travel)
- Event planning and execution
- Media relations and communications experience
To ensure a safe work environment, UFA Co-operative Limited. has a Substance Abuse Policy in place. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment.
External Applications: To apply email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and quote job number HR13-010 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your cover letter and resume to HUMAN RESOURCES and complete Form # HR-44 –
Application For In-House Position
This position will remain open until February 22, 2013