Reporting to the Manager IT End User Support, the Technical Support Analyst will be supporting in a multi-functional capacity in multiple areas including but not limited to:
- Active Directory – Account Provisioning - support, maintenance and standardization
- Messaging and Collaboration - support, maintenance and standardization
- Network and Server – contingency related to daily operations, support and health checks.
- SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager) – contingency and assistance in creating, maintaining workstations, associated images and development, updates and deployment of associated software application packages.
The Technical Support Analyst will also assist in maintaining an effective and efficient IT Configuration Management program across the organization, including the end to end life cycle tracking and recording of all IT Assets and their related configuration attributes.
Active Directory - Account Provisioning
- Support, maintenance and standardization
Messaging and Collaboration
- Support, maintenance and standardization
- Assists with Network and Server team daily operations, support and health checks.
- Assists with development, maintenance and deployment of stand-alone workstation images
- Assists with packaging, testing, and deployment of applications and systems utilized by UFA and WSS
- Evaluation and deployment of critical and important patches issued by vendors
- Ensures that workstation images meet or exceed compliancy and regulatory requirements
- Ensures that workstation images are secure from unauthorized access
- Ensures that workstation architecture/designs, plans, controls, processes, standards, policies and procedures are aligned with IT standards and overall IT security
- Automation of routine tasks via scripting
Configuration Management/Asset Management
- Assists in reviewing and maintaining all IT Assets and all configuration attributes in the IT Configuration Management Data Base (CMDB) and other related systems
- Assists in reviewing and maintaining the IT Configuration Management policies and procedures for the capture, tracking, shipping/receiving, auditing, analysis, reporting and general management of all IT assets through the entire asset lifecycle across multiple teams and projects
- Performs configuration management activities and evaluates tools as defined for the account, and applies them to project activities
- In conjunction with designated project managers, assists in developing configuration management plans, milestones and schedules for projects
- Assists in the usage of the automated discovery/configuration tracking system to be used for full lifecycle management of all IT Configuration Items (CI) and tracking their relationships to other CI’s and IT services
- Assists in ensuring that IT Assets (software and hardware) are identified, tagged and properly tracked, managed and accounted for within the Configuration Management Database (CMDB), Definitive Software Library (DSL) and Definitive Hardware Store (DHS)
- Assists in maintaining records and databases containing information regarding licenses, warranties, and service agreements for the organization's hardware and software
- Assists in administering all software to license compliance
- Assists in creating and managing the creation of appropriate version description documents and deliver releases (including patches and full deliveries) to stakeholders for all software to be released
- Assists in supporting the implementation and documentation of software deployment strategies and installation procedures
- Assists in the maintenance of the software build environments
- Assists with finance department audits of IT fixed assets and ensure that all IT acquisitions comply with organization procurement policies
- Evaluates existing system configurations and recommends infrastructure changes to improve or enhance performance and maintainability
- Participates in design and change reviews to enforce and ensure adherence to configuration procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced troubleshooting skills in a technical environment
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certificate is required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience general IT
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in IT Configuration Management or related experience in a medium to large corporate setting (500+ employees)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with workstation based operating systems (Windows XP, Windows 7)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with workstation hardware systems
External Applications: To apply email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job number HR13-028 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Interested applicants are required to complete Form # HR-44 – Application For In-House Position, attach a resume and forward to "HUMAN RESOURCES"
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED