This is a one year maternity leave position
Reporting to the Director, Environment Health & Safety, the Business Analyst, EH&S co-ordinates all administrative, support and financial processes and procedures including project management and analytical support to the Health & Safety, Asset Management/Maintenance, and Environment business units. This role ensures that all business processes are in place, complemented with completed documentation and reporting standards.
- Independently, design and manage processes and controls to steward each of the component parts (environment, health and safety, asset management & maintenance) to execute transactions in respect of contract management, budget, forecast and accounting for expense and capital expenditures, generation and approval of purchase orders, goods receipt management, invoice processing and coding, and payment troubleshooting.
- Identify, shape, prioritize, and define business needs and resolutions related to SAP process issues. Activities including issue identification, solution creation, maintaining and running test scripts for all project system modules to improve business process and system functionality. Lead, participate and collaborate with team as well as other business units to ensure EH&S alignment with corporate objectives and strategy related to SAP releases.
- Provide monthly reporting on Asset Management/Maintenance Capital and Operating Expenditures. Identifying and providing recommendations to internal business unit leaders on spend analysis. Documenting and reporting on network site trending related to but not limited to site, area, or defined disciplines. Reporting will include graphing and charting trend activities.
- Accountable for the documentation and maintenance of the Environment, Health & Safety Management System (EHSMS), Site Risk Database, and Incident Management System.
- Review, edit, and complete research for all EHSMS and EH&S policies and procedures, ensuring adherence to code, standards and maintaining quality assurance.
- Design and implement a robust Document Control process to support component parts of EH&S including scanning, copying, filing, maintenance and distribution of documents as needed.
- Implement changes to work and work flow processes continually in order to create opportunities for improvement by greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop and document business processes, standards and training documents supporting development of EH&S.
- Track and Monitor capital and expense activies, including but not limited to database co-ordination, monthly budget reporting, project reporting, business process and SAP functionality.
- Facilitate the close out of all capital and operational projects as well as all departmental purchase orders, to maintain SAP system integrity.
- Champion SAP and project systems. Utilizing databases to administer, maintain and report on queries regarding payment, accounts, project status, and general project budget and cost queries.
- Provide coordination and tracking as it relates to project set up, planning, scheduling, execution, costs, invoicing and close out, while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Provide leadership to EH&S staff in absence of respective management. i.e. key point of contact for various groups on solving issues and concerns with respect to information, projects, support, and training requests.
- College diploma, preferably in business, accounting or project management supplemented with a minimum of 3 years general business and/or project management experience or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Products, word and excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- SAP or enterprise application system experience.
- Ability to organize and set work priorities.
- Able to work both independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrated exemplary business skills.
External Applications: To apply email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job number HR13-036 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your cover letter and resume to HUMAN RESOURCES and complete Form # HR-44 –
Application For In-House Position
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED