Reporting to the Director, Application Management and in close collaboration with other IT and UFA management, the position is accountable for projects and the project portfolio management discipline within IT. The Manager directs, plans, organizes, and oversees all project management activity within IT. The Manager will also be responsible for evolving the project portfolio management practices within IT.
- Ensures IT and client project participants employ the approved Project Management Framework.
- Implement & Embed Project Portfolio Management.
- Coordinates the development and manages the 1-year IT Roadmap.
- Ensures delivery of transition plans and documents (e.g. SLA's, specifications, and hand-over & support documentation) associated with effective movement from project to operational status satisfy operational requirements.
- Ensures delivery of project scope/deliverables on time and budget.
- Participates as an active member of the UFA IT management team.
- Consolidates and communicates project portfolio status, metrics, and progress information with stakeholders.
- People management including performance management and appraisals, salary reviews, interviewing, hiring, terminations, training and education, and career planning. This responsibility will include the management of outside consultants as required.
- Continuous Improvement of UFA’s Project Management Framework.
- Maintains awareness and applicability of project portfolio management best practices.
- Maintains awareness of current UFA technologies, industry technological developments/trends and their application to UFA's business problems, challenges, and opportunities.
- Works for continuous improvement by monitoring and evaluating quality and timeliness of project execution.
- Participates in the development of strategic IT technology planning to enable UFA’s evolving business processes.
- Participates in the collaborative development of 3-year IT Strategic Roadmap, with other members of the IT Management Team and business unit leaders.
- Transfers knowledge and skills to IT staff and clients.
- Supplies effective communications and decision-support to stakeholders.
- Leads and supervises team of senior IT staff members.
- Manages financial budgets & forecasts associated with IT projects and IT Projects’ organization.
- Carries out special assignments as assigned by the CIO.
- Develops, owns and manages the IT resource management process required for project delivery.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree, Diploma (or equivalent training and experience) in Computer Sciences supplemented by extensive formal training and experience in project management and systems development methodologies/frameworks. MBA degree would be an asset.
- Fifteen plus years of experience in progressively challenging roles and responsibilities within IT, with at least 5 years of successful project portfolio management experience.
- Experience with short- and long- term planning.
- Additionally, the ideal candidate will have business experience in agriculture, sales, operations, and/or marketing in the retail or petroleum industries.
- Experience leading and supervising project managers & technical professionals.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong presentation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
Internal Applications: Please email your cover letter and resume to HUMAN RESOURCES and complete Form # HR-44 –
Application For In-House Position
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED