The Senior Business & Financial Analyst is part of the Treasury team whose mandate is to ensure cash controls and the accurate financial reporting under the Asset Based Lending Agreement. The incumbent is responsible for the coordination of the borrowing base certificate under the lending facility along with the preparation, analysis, and reporting related to the Compliance Agreement. The incumbent will play a significant role in Capital Project Reporting and management of UFA’s equity and debt programs.
- Prepares daily, weekly, monthly and annual reporting relating to UFA’s Loan Agreement and coordinates business unit reporting for the same as required.
- Recommends system enhancements required to streamline reporting for long term debt.
- Works directly with the external auditors to coordinate the due diligence requirements under the Loan Agreement. Acts as a liaison with the business units to analyze the information provided to the auditors and understanding the outcome to UFA.
- Works directly the third party appraiser to coordinate the information required for the net orderly liquidation values calculated by business unit to support the borrowing base certificate.
- Compiles Journal Entries and other period end deliverables as required by corporate accounting.
- Develops, enhances and maintains the Capital Structure Model through a strong knowledge of UFA’s Operations, Member Loan Program, Member Entitlements, and Financial Results/Outlook for the businesses.
- Contact for external Year End Audit responsible for reconciling changes in debt levels and Interest expense year-over-year and against budget.
- Keeps apprised of all Treasury processes including Cash Management, investigating non reconciling cash transactions for a complete understanding of Treasury roles.
- Acts as the key back-up to period-end Capital Reporting and keeps current on Capital Projects at UFA.
- Assists operation and corporate managers with budgeting by providing reports, analysis and making recommendations as required.
- Provides direction, technical guidance and training to finance team members.
- Assists with the research and analysis of future opportunities that will allow UFA Treasury to keep abreast of and be in a position to respond to changing business requirements.
- Resolves process issues affecting the Finance team; exhibit creativity and innovation in recommending improvements to financial and operational practices and processes.
- Provides guidance and direction on reporting improvements in order to enhance and add value to UFA.
- Responsible for documenting all processes related to the position.
- Participates in other Treasury related projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Professional Accounting Designation: CA, CMA, or CGA.
- Three years of post designation accounting experience in medium to large organizations with progressively more challenging roles and responsibilities.
- Previous experience in Treasury is an asset.
- Strong business analytical skills including process mapping, improvement and root cause analysis.
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills with the ability to articulate complex policies and procedures to both accounting and non-accounting staff.
- Experience in auditing business processes and creating improvements.
- Full working knowledge and extensive experience with ERP systems, preferably SAP, and related ERP utilities.
- Full, advanced working knowledge of MS-Office and related PC skills.
- Excellent communication, planning and analytical skills. Able to adapt to an ever changing environment and work under tight deadlines.
- An understanding and commitment to value and strength of teamwork.
- Self motivated individual who is committed to continuous self-development to keep abreast of both Finance, controls, systems and process management.
External Applications: To apply email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job number HR13-040 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your cover letter and resume to HUMAN RESOURCES and complete Form # HR-44 –
Application For In-House Position
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED