The Senior Technical Analyst, Server Operations is responsible for evaluating the overall health of the enterprise servers through the diagnosis and resolution of technical issues and problems. In addition to ensuring UFA’s servers and storage are optomized the Senior Technical Analyst will be responsible for server recovery plans and procedures as well as scripting the automation of routine procedures.
- Plans, researches, evaluates, and designs server systems by applying best practice hardware and software principles to develop compatible system infrastructure in line with UFA’s IT strategies.
- Researches system requirements; prepares detailed installation plans.
- Conducts internal studies of servers for performance and traffic analysis.
- Performs technical analysis of hardware infrastructure using various diagnostic tools in support of efficient operations.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves technical problems related to server failure/incidents and usage of hardware and software.
- Ensures that UFA server infrastructure is secure from unauthorized access.
- Ensures that server architectures/designs, plans, controls, processes, standards, policies and procedures are aligned with IT standards and overall IT security.
- Scripts the automation of routine tasks.
- Develops and implements server recovery plans
- Ensures servers are backed up and can be recovered quickly.
- Develop clear technical design documentation and diagrams detailing existing and proposed technical architectures.
- Building effective relationships with other technical teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certificate is required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with VMware ESX 4.x, Current experience with VMware ESX 5.x preferred
- Minimum 5 years with Server based operating systems (Windows Server 2003/2008, RedHat Linux 5)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with storage subsystems, preferred IBM and/or NetApp systems.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with backup recovery systems, Experience with TSM, VSE, and NetApp Snap technology is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years with Server Monitoring, Automatic Deployment and Patching Technologies, SCCM and Solar Winds is preferred
- Knowledge of Server hardware from various vendors like HP, IBM, includes rack and blade technologies
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Active Directory
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with server software programs such as MS SQL, SharePoint, SAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills in a technical environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-disciplined, self-starter, professional who can bring projects to closure with minimum direction, guidance and oversight.
External Applications: To apply email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and quote job number HR13-049 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your cover letter and resume to HUMAN RESOURCES and complete Form # HR-44 – Application For In-House Position
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted