The Technical Specialist provides leadership and enterprise level technical expertise within the realm of servers & storage services. The Technical Specialist is responsible to assist with the execution of the IT technical strategy and helps to set IT functional policy and direction. The Technical Specialist will lead the server operation team on various project deployments and enterprise activities that affect the IT department and overall organization’s long-term objectives.
- Provides leadership on Server Operations daily operational activities, with a focus on SharePoint
- Provides leadership on Server Operations project activities.
- Plans, researches, evaluates and designs server systems by applying best practice hardware and software theories and principles to develop compatible system infrastructure in line with UFA’s IT strategies and with a focus on secure platforms for internet and client-server based applications that are based on .NET and MS SharePoint.
- Maintains SharePoint Farm availability, reliability, and stability.
- Deploys and administers SharePoint portals.
- Researches system requirements; prepares detailed installation plans.
- Conducts internal studies of servers for performance and traffic analysis.
- Performs technical analysis of hardware infrastructure using various diagnostic tools in support of efficient operations.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves technical problems related to server failure/incidents and usage of hardware and software.
- Ensures that UFA server infrastructure is secure from unauthorized access.
- Performs system upgrade, migrations, and patching
- Ensures that server architectures/designs, plans, controls, processes, standards, policies and procedures are aligned with IT standards and overall IT security.
- Scripts the automation of routine tasks, PowerShell preferred.
- Develops and implements server recovery plans
- Ensures servers are backed up and can be recovered quickly.
- Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives.
- Executes IT technical strategies and functional policy and direction within the IT technical teams.
- Acts independently, as part of a team and exercises independent judgment.
- Articulates, recommends or explains resolutions to external clients/parties.
- Understands, utilizes and shares knowledge of IT Service Management best practices (ITIL framework)
- Assists, under the direction of the Manager IT Technical Services, with the coaching and mentoring of other IT Technical Services staff.
- Ensures that products delivered are supportable, cost effective, meet the department’s strategic business needs, and align to the departmental technical strategy.
- Develops clear technical design documentation and diagrams detailing existing and proposed technical architectures.
- Assists the IT Technical Architect and Manager, Technical Services in defining the technical strategy.
- Assists with improving the standard of technical delivery and competencies within the technical teams.
- Builds effective relationships with other technical teams.
- Contributes to the two-way dialogue with platform & operations teams about the ongoing development of the platform strategy.
- Participates in the creation and evolution of a technology roadmap that defines current technological architectures, future architectures, and the evolution for transition of all projects.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for technical infrastructure areas, specifically Server and Storage systems.
- Participates in the appropriate source selections, make or buy determinations, business alliance and partnering discussions, and contract negotiations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills in a technical environment
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- ITIL v3 Foundations Certificate is required
- Minimum 5 years leadership experience within infrastructure services.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with VMware ESX 4.x, and current experience with VMware ESX 5.x preferred
- Minimum 7 Years with Server based operating systems (Windows Server 2003/2008)
- Minimum 7 Years with SQL/IIS/SharePoint, and PowerShell.
- Installation, Configuration, administration of medium to large SharePoint 2007/2010 Farms (2010 Experience is required)
- Extensive support experience with IIS 7.0
- Experience with installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and optimization of SQL
- Knowledge of MS Team Foundation Systems
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with backup recovery systems, Experience with VSE,TSM, and NetApp Snap technology is preferred
- Minimum 3 years with Server Monitoring, Automatic Deployment and Patching Technologies, SCCM and Solar Winds is preferred
- Knowledge of Server hardware from various vendors like HP, IBM, includes rack and blade technologies
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP.
- Self-disciplined, self-starter, professional who can bring projects to closure with minimum direction, guidance and oversight.
- The ability to work independently with little to no supervision researching new technologies, or comparing technologies to meet our needs, while providing an unbiased opinion.
External Applications: To apply email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and quote job number HR13-047 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your cover letter and resume to HUMAN RESOURCES and complete Form # HR-44 –
Application For In-House Position
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED