Reporting to Director Total Rewards the Compensation and Benefits Coordinator will coordinate the day to day actives of UFA’s disability management (WCB or STD) programs, benefit and pension programs and general compensation reviews, surveys and program administration.
- Coordinates leave of absence and disability claims management by collecting and compiling relevant information, formally advising employees and managers on a claims status and ensuring supporting documentation is current and up to date. May occasionally lead the adjudication a claim.
- Pro-actively follows up with employees and managers regarding WCB reporting ensuring legislative reporting timelines are met.
- Accurately processes the bi-weekly payment of wages for STD/WCB and adjustments for employees on a paid leave of absence.
- Compiles monthly, quarterly and annual statistics for WCB and benefits.
- Responds to general inquiries from current and prior employees and/or retirees regarding benefit programs or payments.
- Assists in the coordination of wellness initiatives leveraging our Employee Assistance Provider and benefit providers.
- Assists with compensation program administration for service awards, recognition programs and general compensation reviews, job banding and completes benefit/salary surveys.
- Creates and reviews job descriptions ensuring they are formatted properly and accurately describe the role.
- Community college Diploma or equivalent training with one year to three years of experience in Human Resources or a related field. Prior experience working with disability management, benefits, pension and/or compensation would be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Intermediate computer skills. Prior exposure to payroll and Human Resources Information system is an asset.
- Ability to prioritize and meet project/process timelines while simultaneously handling multiple requests and inquires.
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills.
- Respects the confidentiality of information and maintains the highest level of professionalism
- Working towards CHRP and/or CEBS designation is an asset.
External Applications: To apply email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job number HR13-052 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your cover letter and resume to HUMAN RESOURCES and complete Form # HR-44 –
Application For In-House Position
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED