The IT Technical Services Architect is responsible to build, maintain and evolve the integrity of UFA's technology infrastructure platforms. The role of the Technical Services Architect is to ensure the product or relevant technology enablers will meet both the functional and non-functional requirements outlined from the enterprise. Integral to this position will be to assess the operational supportability, and ability to leverage current as well as future architecture platforms.
- To be an authority within the product portfolio responsible for the technical specification of projects and choice of technology including the development, integration, testing, infrastructure used and ongoing operational maintenance.
- Interpretation of product and project requirements and translate these into solutions that can be implemented
- To promote the re-use of code, components, and systems in order to ensure that these support the widest range of company products possible and are aligned with technical strategy.
- Ensure that products delivered are supportable, cost effective, meet the department’s strategic business needs, and align to the departmental technical strategy.
- A strong technical authority within at least a product area.
- Develop clear technical design documentation and diagrams detailing existing and proposed technical architectures.
- Assist the Enterprise Architect in defining the technical strategy.
- Along with the Enterprise Architect, drive and represent the technology strategy to the rest of company.
- Provide technical consultancy, expertise and advice to the development teams and management on matters of technical architecture and infrastructure developments, including their feasibility.
- Assist with improving the standard of technical delivery and competencies within the technical teams.
- Building effective relationships with other technical teams.
- Align architectural solutions with other technical groups including collaboration on solution design to ensure fit-for-purpose end-to-end solutions.
- Analyze existing and future product volumetric’ s and ensure that the architecture is fit for purpose.
- Lead and promote contribution to the two-way dialogue with platform & operations teams about the ongoing development of the platform strategy.
- Participate in the creation and evolution of a technology roadmap that defines current technological architectures, future architectures, and the evolution for transition of all projects.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for technical infrastructure areas
- Work with stakeholders, both leadership and subject matter experts, to build a holistic view of the organization's strategy, process, information and information technology assets.
- Participate in the appropriate source selections, make or buy determinations, business alliance and partnering discussions, and contract negotiations.
- 5+ years of structured Technology Architecture experience.
- 10+ years of experience involving progressively more challenging roles and responsibilities within IT.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, or equivalent, is required.
- 3+ years of Strategic IT Planning.
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification is required.
- Excellent written and oral skills, influencing skills, and ability to reach agreement with internal and external points of contact.
- Ability to produce and assess solution designs.
- Knowledge and understanding of business processes, objectives, milestones and structures.
- Strong PC skills; including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
External Applications: To apply email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job number HR13-083 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your cover letter and resume to HUMAN RESOURCES and complete Form # HR-44 –
Application For In-House Position
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED