The Cashier serves and assists customers at the Service Counter. They must maintain maximum customer flow through this counter while adhering to Spruceland Lumber’s Customer Service Policy.
- Maintain Spruceland Lumber’s Point of Sale customer service standards.
- Maintenance of maximum customer flow through Sales Counter.
- Processing of point of sale invoices by usage of back office computer system and printer.
- Handle money from cash sales and receipts.
- Balance cash at end of each day.
- Customer notification and invoicing of special order shipments.
- Answer telephone and personal customer inquiries as may be required.
- Direct customer flow to proper and appropriate store areas as required.
- Become proficient in the usage of counter catalogues as it applies to customer service at the Service Counter.
- Requires merchandising such as setting up and taking down displays
- Become aware of Spruceland Lumber’s Credit Policy as it applies to charge sales at the Service Counter.
- Additional clerical duties as assigned.
- Additional pricing and display duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned by the Store Management.
- Grade 12 diploma with 1-2 years of related experience.
- Ability to understand and use a Retail Support System computer and printer.
- Basic telephone receptionist skills are an asset.
- Competent with basic math calculations.
- Functional in basic computer operations.
- Cash handling experience is an asset.
- Hardware background is an asset.
External Applications: To apply email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and quote job number HR13-174 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your cover letter and resume to HUMAN RESOURCES and complete Form # HR-44 –
Application For In-House Position
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED