The Manager, Real Estate & Development is responsible to execute UFA’s acquisitions, divestitures, leasehold and fleet & facility needs including:
- Identification of Real Estate opportunities that align with UFA’s business unit and network development plans.
- Research, evaluate, recommend and negotiate related land purchases and retail leases.
- Coordination all other leases (leasee and leasor), non-operating properties and general real estate requests.
- Day-to-day stewardship of UFA’s Facility and Fleet management activities.
- Develop real estate process, gain buy-in with relevant stakeholders and ensure that appropriate processes and approvals are obtained.
- Develop and maintain a Strategic Real Estate Plan by evaluating market sensing data, stakeholder input, market trends and changes to business unit operating models and objectives.
- Acquire land and retail leases that support the integrated real estate plan.
- Work with commercial real estate agents, developers, UFA Business units (facilities, legal counsel, risk) as required and make recommendations to UFA’s Senior Management.
- Coordinate the portfolio of office leases, non-operating property disposal and maintenance, and general real estate requests pertaining to UFA’s operating properties.
- Adhoc projects as requested.
- Manage staff as applicable.
- Business or Municipal Planning Degree / Diploma and / or 5 – 8 years real estate development experience in commercial real estate and/or franchise development
- Experience in energy, downstream petroleum cardlock, retail and agriculture
- Strong negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Advanced process and business writing skills, specifically relating to land, leasing and facilities contract agreements
- Ability to build consensus with diverse stakeholders
- Able to work autonomously, organized and lead stakeholders to close deals
- Ability to effectively present ideas and challenge the status quo
- Existing commercial real estate relationships across Western Canada and Ontario
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Project, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
External Applications: To apply email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job number HR13-216 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your cover letter and resume to "WORK" and complete Form Application For In-House Position
Position will remain open until it is filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.