Located in the Farm and Ranch Supply Store and reporting to the Store Manager, the Building Sales Representative 1 (BSR 1) is an inbound sales representative that educates, informs, quotes and sells building materials, residential framing packages, garages, decks and pre-fabricated structures to residential customers and contractors. Responsibilities include:
- Answer general inquiries from residential customers and contractors seeking to purchase building materials, residential framing packages, garages, decks and pre-fabricated structures.
- Develop material and pre-package supply (material, deck, garage, pre-fabricated structures) programs for local building contractors and maintain the ongoing customer relationship.
- Assist customers in planning small projects as required including knowledge of local building codes effecting garage, deck and fence construction.
- Follow up on quotes, close the sale and work closely with key contacts to ensure timely and accurate shipping and delivery of products to site.
- Conduct general sales, not limited to building materials, from customer service counter
- Confirm and verify product stock and delivery.
- As a member of the Trade Area Team, effectively contribute to meeting or exceeding sales targets while maintaining margins.
- Responsibility for product program planning, and sales for building materials, framing packages, garages, decks and pre-fabricated structures.
- Assist with merchandising and Trade Area sales as needed.
- Represent UFA at local Trade Fairs to promote UFA programs.
- Constantly strive to improve product knowledge through self-study, courses, on-the-job training and trade publications to assist in increasing product sales and customer satisfaction.
- Promote One Customer, One UFA business strategy.
- Grade 12 with 1-2 years building product experience, preferably in sales.
- Knowledge of building codes for the products being promoted (i.e. deck, garage, pre-fabricated structures).
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Valid and clean Class 5 Driver’s License an asset.
- Ability to read and estimate from blueprints an asset.
- Agricultural experience an asset.
- Self motivated, self starter with good organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong negotiation and sales skills with ability to build rapport and gain trust.
External Applications: To apply email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job number HR13-221 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please email your cover letter and resume to "WORK" and complete Form Application For In-House Position
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview