Provides direction and oversees execution of the daily functions to the Yard Shipper/Receivers as directed by the Customer Sales & Service Manager. This includes providing and overseeing that member/customers are promptly and efficiently served; inventory is received, shipped and handled in an accurate and safe manner; and equipment is maintained. They provide leadership, coaching and training to the Yard Shipper/Receivers.
- Ensure excellent service is provided to all members/customers
- Responsible for overseeing the execution and completion of all daily activities of the Yard Shipper/Receivers
- Organize yard activities to maximize efficiency, while maintaining productivity and accuracy
- Responsible for the complete and accurate shipping/receiving of all inventories
- Ensure equipment is properly operated and maintained
- Ensure yard/warehouse/exterior locations are clean, neat and well organized
- Provide training and direction to Yard Shipper/Receivers
- Create Outbound Delivery Documents for all Store Transfers
- Communicate lumber cull pile details to the Trade Area Administrator
- Complete cycle counts of all yard items, as directed by the Trade Area Administrator
- EnsureUFApolicies and procedures are followed in a safe and effective manner
- Ensure inventory, warehouses, and yard is maintained in accordance with UFA standards
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent
- Previous shipping and receiving experience required
- Warehouse/Yard and forklift experience required
- Basic computer skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Previous leadership experience an asset
- Background in Agriculture an asset
To ensure a safe work environment, UFA Co-operative Limited has a Substance Abuse Policy in place. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment.
External applications: Please register on-line at http://www.workatufa.com/Seeker/Register to apply for this position (UFA’s preferred method of candidate contact). You may also send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and quote job number HR13-253 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please register on-line at http://www.workatufa.com/Seeker/Register to apply for this position. Please also complete form Application For In-House Position and forward to “WORK”
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview