Reporting to the Manager, Customer Finance, the Supervisor, Accounts Receivable & Collections is responsible for administration, co-ordination and management of UFA’s collection portfolio through application of UFA’s credit and collection policy, in order to minimize credit losses and maximize profitable credit sales. Specifically, the Supervisor will:
- Provide direction to Account Representatives to support sales objectives while minimizing losses through positive customer relations.
- Ensure that UFA’s credit and collection policies and procedures are applied professionally, effectively and consistently.
- Coach, develop and review employees using leadership skills, employee performance statistics and key performance indicators.
- Compile and analyze statistical data regarding unit productivity, monitor calls to provide feedback to staff, provide advice and answer questions concerning collections activities, review the status of the most delinquent accounts and handle collection efforts.
- Advise staff of any change in policy or procedures that would affect resource allocation, work scheduling and collections assignments. Train new staff members, conduct performance reviews and make recommendations regarding corrective actions and dismissals.
- Successful performance in the areas of collection effectiveness, employee satisfaction, customer satisfaction and employee retention.
- Support the Manager, Customer Finance, to achieve overall strategic and financial goals of the business. Lead implementation and execution of strategic collections initiatives.
- Responsible for effective credit and collections through portfolio management of UFA credit accounts.
- Provide supervision and day to day coaching and guidance to Account Reps to ensure that company policies and procedures are properly followed and consistently applied.
- Minimize DSO in accordance with agreed terms of business, in order to to maximiize recovery and improve UFA’s cash conversion cycle.
- Ensure priority service to stores and agents calling for credit override while the customer is waiting.
- Review and take appropriate action on regarding credit limits. Appropriate action will depend on the status of the account e.g. raise credit limit, contact customer for payment, or temporarily suspend credit by placing the account on over limit code.
- Review the daily over credit limit and past due account list on a monthly basis. Follow up with Account Reps to ensure accounts are addressed and appropriate action is taken.
- Review and authorize/approve credit charge adjustments and unusual repayment arrangements in adherence with UFA’s credit policies and procedures.
- Review and audit Account Reps’ work queues to ensure that best action was applied to meet collection standards, provide feedback and desk top training as required. Contact customers directly when providing back up during vacations and assist Account Reps on more difficult accounts or when stronger or alternative action is required.
- Review accounts referred for bad debt write off, ensure all efforts have been exhausted. When necessary make the final contact before referring to management for write off.
- Maintain strong working relationship with our statement service provider. Ensure customers’ monthly statements are sent out accurately and on time.
- Follow professional collection practices: no harassment, no threatening telephone calls, no collection calls between 9:00 p.m. and 7:00a.m.
- Document and perform monthly Performance Reviews and Annual Evaluations with Account Reps.
- Assists Account Reps with objective setting and monitor results.
- Coaching and Development, Recognition and supervision of Account Representatives.
- Accountable for managing collection programs to ensure processes are applied consistently, effectively and meet government regulations.
- Benchmark and measure Account Rep collection productivity.
- Quarterly audit accounts review of each work queue to ensure consistent control standards are maintained.
- Collection notes/actions reflect appropriate pre-call planning, recognition of negative trends and that all calls handled in professional manner.
- Accountable for maintaining AR aging and bad debt losses to meet company’s objectives.
- Thorough understanding of Credit, Accounts Receivable and Collections with proven ability to recognize key facts, trends, gaps and/or issues; ability to suggest and implement viable solutions/strategies.
- Proven ability to manage, lead, motivate and teach employees involved in diverse phases of Accounts Receivable and Collections requiring varying and developing skill sets.
- Excellent interpersonal and communciation skills, including negotiating skills, in dealing with internal and external parties.
- Ability to make decisions take initiative and ownership of issues/tasks through to resolution.
- Excellent telephone, customer service and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills; experience using Windows (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) SAP, etc.
- CCP or similar designation an asset.
External applications: Please register on-line at http://www.workatufa.com/Seeker/Register to apply for this position (UFA’s preferred method of candidate contact). You may also send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job number HR13-256 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please register on-line at http://www.workatufa.com/Seeker/Register to apply for this position. Please also complete form Application For In-House Position and forward to “WORK”
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview