Reporting to the Building Sales Area Manager, the Building Sales Representative educates, informs, quotes and sells standard and customized building packages which may include labour for framing to Farm and Acreage customers. With approval, may occasionally extend sales area to urban industrial clients.
- Promote, quote and sell standard and customizable building packages to Farm and Acreage customers and approved Urban Industrial clients.
- Up sell and quote on sub trade labour services.
- Liaison with Building Support Services department for customized plans.
- Assist customers in planning projects as required including knowledge of local building codes effecting structure.
- Follow up on quotes, close the sale, and work closely with key contacts to ensure timely and accurate shipping and delivery of products to site.
- Develop, maintain and manage framing sub contractor trades.
- Project manages the framing trades for packages sold with labour.
- As a member of the Trade Area Team, effectively contribute to meeting or exceeding sales targets while maintaining margins.
- Responsibility to provide input for developing business plans and strategy that drives market share in their area.
- Attend regional agriculture shows, generating sales leads and promoting UFA products and services.
- Transition sales leads for larger or significantly more complex sales with services to BSR3.
- Grade 12 with 3-5 years building product experience, preferably in sales.
- Basic to intermediate computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s license required.
- Project Management experience an asset.
- Agricultural or Trades background an asset.
- Ability to read and estimate from blueprints required.
- Self motivated, self starter with good organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong negotiating and sales skills with ability to build rapport and gain trust.
To ensure a safe work environment, UFA Co-operative Limited has a Substance Abuse Policy in place. The successful applicant will be required to pass (negative result) a drug and alcohol screening test as a condition of employment.
External applications: Please register on-line at http://www.workatufa.com/Seeker/Register to apply for this position (UFA’s preferred method of candidate contact). You may also send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and quote job number HR14-52 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please register on-line at http://www.workatufa.com/Seeker/Register to apply for this position. Please also complete form Application For In-House Position and forward to “WORK”
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview