The Learning & Development Specialist (LDS) will analyze, design, develop, deliver and evaluate learning/performance support solutions that are aligned with strategy and aimed at enhancing employee capability in support of peak organizational performance. The primary responsibility of the LDS is to research, recommend, design and develop integrated, comprehensive learning solutions for designated business units within UFA, based on an assessment of business unit and learner needs.
- Works closely with the Director, HR Consulting and Organizational Development to evaluate business requirements as they relate to the use, configuration and implementation of learning technology applications
- Conduct needs assessments and interprets the data to identify performance gaps.
- Research and gather relevant content in conjunction with the Subject Matter Expert (SME) from the business and makes recommendations to appropriate stakeholders to close those gaps
- Design, develop, and deliver integrated, comprehensive learning/performance solutions to meet both business and learner needs
- Collaborate with SMEs from the business to maintain and update existing learning resources - ensure design integrity during maintenance of solutions
- Manage the design and development process on deliverables from end-to-end, including project management, updates related to reviews, version control of all deliverables
- Build effective relationships with business unit leaders and SMEs - meet regularly to identify and prioritize the development of learning resources to meet business needs
- Manage the day to day operations of the learning management and performance management systems including reporting requirements, creating and maintaining student curriculums and troubleshooting system issues
- Research external training opportunities and liaise with vendors in order to propose appropriate learning options for UFA employees
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Post-secondary education in Adult Education, Psychology, Human Resources or other relevant area
- Solid knowledge of adult learning theory and application, learning design, development and delivery
- Well-developed consulting and influencing skills and ability to work closely with business partners
- Proven ability to gather, analyze, and synthesize information to provide fit for purpose recommendations in order to achieve desired outcomes
- Familiarity with e-learning authoring tools, synchronous on-line tools and simulation technologies including Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Facilitation skills
External applications: Please register on-line at http://www.workatufa.com/Seeker/Register to apply for this position (UFA’s preferred method of candidate contact). You may also send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and quote job number HR14-87 in the subject line.
Internal Applications: Please register on-line at http://www.workatufa.com/Seeker/Register to apply for this position. Please also complete form Application For In-House Position and forward to “WORK”
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview